Molly Ocean Patterson is a Saskatchewan born Métis artisan/craftswoman. Recently, she moved back home with her wife and 'model in residence,' Sofía, to transition to quieter life of crafts, gardening, and family making (cats included).
Her designs are influenced by different life experiences along her travels, and her interests in Folklore, Mythology and Pictorial Arts.
These are short tapestry style earrings of a neatly arranged composition, in a warm creamy colour palette.
The two spaces home opposing dynamics - one of orderly geometrical shapes, and another of unshaped shades of cream; brought together by the rusty shade of saffron.
- 2.5 cm wide by 7 cm long, 2.9 grams each side. Small tapestry style beaded earrings stitched on 14 KT half-circle gold hoops.
- Colours: vanilla, tan, glazed translucent, tawny orange, ochre, amber, translucent pale mauve, velvety peach coral, creamy beige, black, and ivory cream.
- Right and left sides are designed to mirror.
- Materials used: Japanese glass beads and nylon thread; and the half-circle hoops are made of hand cut and forged 14 KT gold filled wire, for sensitive ears.
- * Model is 5'2" (1.6 m tall)
Made in Saskatchewan, Canada